Entertainment

Why Daisy Ridley didn’t like her 1st ‘Star Wars’ performance

todayNovember 14, 2017

Background
share close

While her character Rey became an instant favorite with “Star Wars” fans around the globe, young and old, Daisy Ridley gave her 2015 “Force Awakens” performance a big thumbs-down.

“I didn’t think I was good in the first film, and I was struggling with that,” she told Elle U.K. in an interview released Monday afternoon.

She didn’t expand on why she hated her performance, but perhaps it was director J.J. Abrams’ calling her performance “wooden” on the first day of shooting that shook her confidence.

“I honestly wanted to die,” she recalled to Glamour in 2015. “I thought I was gonna cry, I couldn’t breathe.”

However, for “The Last Jedi,” Ridley’s second go in the galaxy far, far away, she seems to be feeling more at ease.

It took some time given the powerful fan base and hype behind “Star Wars.”

“I was thinking I did the first one because I didn’t really know what I was getting myself into and I was having loads of fun, and suddenly I’m realizing what this actually is, and I can’t f—— do this,” she explained to Elle. “Finally, I was like ‘Oh yeah, this is working.'”

But she teases that this film will be different, especially in terms of her onscreen companions.

“It’s not this big adventure that I’m on with John [Boyega],” she said of the actor who plays Finn.

Instead, Rey will have more screen time with Mark Hamill‘s legendary Jedi, Luke Skywalker, as seen in previous trailers.

PHOTO: Mark Hamill, as Luke Skywalker, in a scene from Star Wars: The Last Jedi official trailer.Star Wars/YouTube
Mark Hamill, as Luke Skywalker, in a scene from “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” official trailer.
PHOTO: John Boyega, as Finn, in a scene from Star Wars: The Last Jedi official trailer.Star Wars/YouTube
John Boyega, as Finn, in a scene from “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” official trailer.

But will the duo be able to co-exist and learn from each other? That remains to be seen. But lucky for fans, they only have one month to go.

“Star Wars: The Last Jedi” opens December 15 from Lucasfilm, which is owned by Disney, the parent company of ABC News.

 

Source: abcnews.go.com

Written by: New Generation Radio

Rate it

Previous post

Technology

The mythical ‘iPhone killer’ finally exists

When Apple first launched the original iPhone back in 2007, every rival smartphone maker had the same cavalier response. In a nutshell, they believed iPhone was dead on arrival. A few short years later, the iPhone took over the smartphone business and left a string of dead industry giants in its wake. Ever since then, we’ve heard tale after tale of imminent “iPhone killers,” phones that would launch and finally […]

todayNovember 13, 2017

Post comments (0)

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


[wpens_easy_newsletter firstname="no" lastname="no" button_text="Εγγραφή"]

ΕΠΙΚΟΙΝΩΝΙΑ

0%